Friday 6 May 2011

My questionnaire I used to evaluate my final media product

1. What do you associate with the name of the magazine?

- Royalty
- Guitars
- Class
- Indie
- Middle ages
- Music

Generally i'm pleased with what people associated with the magazine. It was quite interesting however to see that one person though of the middle ages when looking at the name of the magazine.
2. What does the main image on the front cover make you think of?

- Uncertainty
- Lonelyness
- Awkwardness
- Quirky
- Lonelyness
- Mad

I'm pleased with the feedback I got for my magazine becuase lonelyness was what I was mainly going for and two people voted for it, which was nice.
3. Which of the cover stories do you think is most interesting?

- Biffy Clyro hitting the mainstream - 4
- Tom Wolf life story - 1
- Squire awards - 1

I think my the Biffy Clyro story got the most votes becuase they are a recognised band and this article I thought would really interest people.
4. Is the front cover appealing? Explain why or why not

- Yes - 6
- No - 0

- Well layed out
- Looks professional
- Good colour scheme
- Well layed out
- Funny Picture
- Appealing

My results show that people found my front cover appealing. I was particularly happy with the fact that someone thought that my cover looked professional.
5.  Which age group do you think the magazine appeals to?

- 11-14 - 0
- 15-18 - 3
- 19-22 - 2
- 23-26 - 1
- 26-34 - 0
- 35+ - 0

The older teenager was the target audience I was trying to attract so i'm pleased with these results. It shows that my magazine looked mature.
6. Which gender do you think it’s aimed at?

Male - 4
Female - 2

I was trying to attract both genders in my magazine so it was nice to see that both genders got votes, it would be nicer if they were a little more evenly spread however.
7. What genre do you associate with the cover?

- Indie
- Rock
- Indie
- Indie
- Alternative
- Rock

Again these results were good becuase my targeted genre for my magazine was Indie/Rock.
8. Is the layout of the contents page clear and easy to use?

Yes - 6
No - 0

I aimed to keep my magazine as clear as possible so these results show that I succeeded at that.

9. Is the contents page attractive to look at?

Yes - 5
No - 1

Generally positive results but the person who voted no said that the colour of my contents page was a bit difficult to look at as the colours were quite bright, like the yellow writing.
10. Does the contents page resemble a page from a music magazine?

Yes - 6
No - 0

I tried to replicate NME's contents page so i'm glad that people thought it resembled well.

11. Is the content of the article of interest to you?

Yes - 6
No - 0

I tried to attract a wide variety of people, I know it is hard to see if i succeeded at that by only interviewing six people but from this the feedback is positive.
12. Does the headline make you want to read the article?
Yes - 6
No- 0

I made the title as bold as possible and took up two pages to make it stand out more.

13. Does the main picture represent the content of the article successfully?

Yes - 6
No - 0

I chose the pictures very carefully when creating the magazine becuase I took a lot of photos and I thought the ones I chose worked well together.

14. Would you buy the magazine for the cover price?

Yes - 4
No - 2

I just made up a random price for my magazine so if I wanted to really release it i would have to do some real research into the price's of magazines.

15. How would you rate the quality of the overall magazine? 1 bad 5 good

- 4
- 5
- 5
- 5
- 4
- 4

Overall i'm very happy with the results of for my magazine and these ratings are all positive so i'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment