Wednesday 27 April 2011

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?


Male: 80%

Female: 20%

Average age: 18

Still studying: 94%

Very active music purchasers, like to buy the odd CD but it's generally downloads and internet based music consumption.

I have tried to target a specific age range for my media product. I felt that to target a younger age range would be the most sensible because I myself being of that age will know what my audience would want. 

In order to represent my audience, I felt that colour was quite important. So I tried to incorporate quite vibrant colours in the layout of my magazine, and tried not to make it seem too dark, as the darker colour scheme tends to be on more heavy rock and metal magazines; and I wanted mine too seem very open and accessible for all readers of all music taste.

The audience I hope to target will be attending music concerts and will be avid consumers of music, so I tried to display and promote as many artists and events I could in my magazine. The genres I specifically concentrate on however would be more modern British rock and Indie, so those genres are primarily the styles of the music promoted in  my product and also the genre of the bands that are included in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment